My name is Zarek. I am a technology lawyer. I advise companies about commercially exploiting and integrating new technologies.
1. Qualifications & services:
- 10 years post qualified solicitor in England & Wales. Legal services include contract drafting, commercial advice, negotiating deals and managing fund raising rounds.
- Serious programmer with practical experience designing and implementing domain driven systems. Non-legal services include speaking, technical due diligence, management advice and advising law firms on new technology.
- If you need an advisor who understands exactly what you do, please get in touch.
- Artificial intelligence: automation, commercial exploitation of deep learning, nlp, computer vision; deployment of models and algorithms as services; integration into enterprise IT systems.
- Data protection: data flows to establish liability; big data processing, analysis and compliance under GDPR; Brexit.
- SaaS: domain specific legal advice for highly customised terms of service and related policies; reviewing, negotiating and drafting supplier contracts.
- Software/IT: agile development contracts; sla, managed services, integration; maintenance; reselling and white labelling; licensing; open source; distributed and serverless computing; API services.
"Zarek has worked with Data Language for over a year. He has advised us on investment funding, on IP protection, and has drafted complex SaaS (AIaaS) agreements for us. He is extremely practical and pragmatic, quickly understands problems, and can provide rock solid advice on technology and IT law. I can highly recommend Zarek to any tech startup or scaleup."- Paul Wilton, MD, Data Language
"We have worked with Zarek on our funding rounds and continue to for our commercial insurance tech work. He has been a brilliant and trusted antidote to the larger law firms operating on behalf of our investors. I would happily recommend him to anyone in need of practical, cost effective legal advice."- Becky Downing, CEO, Buzzmove
"We have used Zarek, over the last four years, for advice, legal assistance and to draft new terms of service for our SaaS business. He did a fantastic job consolidating our various service agreements into one simple to understand terms of service which covered all aspects of our business. He is great to deal with, is extremely knowledgeable, is clear and concise in his advice, and is quick to respond to any queries that we have. I would recommend him without hesitation."- Martin Parkinson, Director, Influence
"Zarek has been excellent as a trusted lawyer from the moment I started my business through all key deals done in the last three years. He is always very professional, responsive and thorough."Maira Genovese, Founder, MG Empower
"Zarek drafted our complex SaaS terms and came up with solutions to keep our contractual complexity low while giving us enough flexibility to cater for the specific needs of our on-premise customers. He took the time to genuinely understand what we do, answers all questions no matter how trivial, is 100% reliable, sticks to timelines and never needs chasing. An absolute pleasure to work with."- Björn Stiel, Founder, xltrail
"Our company is a fast-growing startup breaking info unfamiliar territory requiring delicate legal safeguards. Zarek is timely and thinks around the actual problem instead of being a cookie cutter. He also adapted well to our way of working – it often feels like we have our own legal department! Highly recommended."- Sajeev S, CEO, Medify
"We are engineers. Our customers ask us to price their jobs before giving us their custom. We ask for a clear specification, and if necessary we help our customers build one, which we then use together with our knowledge and professional judgement to give our price. We do not always get the job. Imagine my delight to find Zarek saying up front that he works in the same way. Working with him has been easy and timely. His explanations are straightforward and logical. We work from our laptops wherever we are. Low overheads, functional, effective and friendly. I like that."- Rory Carter, Chairman, CompoTech